Paradise Valley is the most affluent town in Arizona. It’s famous for its stunning views of Camelback Mountain and its beautiful homes.
Paradise Valley is the Beverly Hills of Arizona but without a Rodeo Drive. Paradise Valley has, in fact, almost no commercial businesses except for luxury resorts and golf courses. The town’s residents are dedicated to preserving their quiet surroundings, open space, dark nighttime sky and unobstructed mountain views.
Despite its peaceful setting, Paradise Valley is only 20 minutes from Sky Harbor International Airport and 25 minutes from downtown Phoenix. For private jets, Scottsdale Airport is only 25 minutes away.
With 329 days of sunshine a year and its stunning mountain views, Paradise Valley attracts business leaders, celebrities, artists and sport stars who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, tennis, jogging, bicycling, horseback riding and walking.
See the official website of the Town of Paradise Valley.
Paradise Valley Architecture
The vast majority of homes in Paradise Valley are custom built and most are on one-acre lots. You can find pretty much any modern architectural style in Paradise Valley.
Large estate homes on large multi-acre lots are not uncommon.
Guard gated communities are not uncommon.
Vacant lots still exist although the steep hillside lots can be challenging to build on.
If you want to build your dream home in Paradise Valley, look into both vacant lots and “tear-downs.”
Paradise Valley Home Prices
Prices are all over the place in Paradise Valley because a few homes are new while a few homes haven’t been updated in decades. Factors that affect the value of Paradise Valley homes are, of course, the size of the home, the size of the lot, the “Wow factor” of its views, the neighborhood it’s in within Paradise Valley, its architectural style, when it was built and its updates.
Most homes sell between $1 million and $3 million.
Feel free to call me at (480) 600-0947 to chat about Paradise Valley home prices and Paradise Valley homes for sale.
History of Paradise Valley
Click to see a video of the history of Paradise Valley.
Read the official history of Paradise Valley from the Town of Paradise Valley.
Some Famous Residents of Paradise Valley, Arizona (current and former)
- Stevie Nicks – Vocalist with Fleetwood Mac
- Rob Halford – Lead vocalist of Judas Priest
- Bret Michaels – Lead vocalist of Poison
- Charles Boyer – Singer / Actor
- Leslie Nielsen – Actor
- Hugh Downs – Today show host / Broadcaster
- Erma Bombeck – Writer / Humorist
- Bil Keane – Cartoonist and creator of The Family Circus
- Clive Cussler – Writer
- Bennett Dorrance – Businessman, philanthropist, Campbell’s Soup heir
- Bruce Halle – Billionaire founder of Discount Tires
- Craig Jackson – Founder of Barrett-Jackson Auction
- Paolo Soleri – Architect and founder of Arcosanti
- Rex Maughan – Founder of Forever Living Products
- Barry Goldwater – U.S. Senator
- Dan Quayle – U.S. Vice-President
- William Rehnquist – Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
- Sandra Day O’Connor – Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
- Muhammed Ali – Heavyweight champion boxer
- Steve Nash – Basketball player
- Jesse Owens – Won four Olympic gold medals
- Joe Garagiola – Baseball coach
- Jeff Hornacek – Basketball player and coach
- Randy Johnson – Baseball pitcher
- Nikolai Khabibulin – Ice hockey goaltender
- Tom Sneva – Auto racer
- Mike Tyson – Heavyweight champion boxer
- Kurt Warner – Football player
Many other celebrities own vacation homes in Paradise Valley.
Call me at 480-600-0947 to chat about Paradise Valley homes. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you, John
Paradise Valley AZ 85253 – Zip Code Boundary Map
The boundaries of the Town of Paradise Valley and the zip code 85253 are not exactly the same. The zip code 85253 includes a little bit of Scottsdale and Phoenix, and all of the county island of Clearwater Hills.
Paradise Valley AZ – Town Boundary Map
Interactive Map from the Town Government of Paradise Valley, Arizona
Zoning Map of Paradise Valley AZ
U.S. Census Data
Quick Facts on Paradise Valley