by Phoenix attorney Christopher A. Combs, partner with Combs Law Group, P.C.


My wife has Alzheimer’s disease and I want to sell our Phoenix home that we have owned for more than 30 years. What do I have to do to sell our home?


Upon petition to the court and after notice of a hearing, you can be appointed by the court to be your wife’s conservator if the court determines that your wife is unable to manage her property or affairs effectively. Once appointed conservator, you will have the power to convey your wife’s interest in the home. Contact an attorney with experience in probate law to handle the paperwork.

The above is for informational purposes only and is not intended as definitive legal or tax advice. You should not act upon this information without seeking independent legal counsel. If you desire legal, tax or other professional advice, please contact your attorney, tax advisor or other professional consultant. Reprinted with permission. Copyright 2007, all rights reserved.