(See all posts on Phoenix Case-Shiller Home Price Index.)
The Case-Shiller Home Price Index measures home price appreciation.
Phoenix Home Price Appreciation – August 2011 to September 2013
Overall Prices = Up 43%
• Low Price Tier = Up 82%
• Middle Price Tier = Up 52%
• High Price Tier = Up 32%
Phoenix AZ Case-Shiller Home Price Index
Phoenix Home Price Tier Breakpoints for September 2013
• Low Tier – Up to $167,883
• Middle Tier – $167,883 – $272,401
• High Tier – $272,401 and up
The Case-Shiller Home Price Index (press release) is the best estimate of actual home price appreciation (or depreciation). The downside to the Case-Shiller Index, however, is that it runs a little old.
Home prices are way up. Your home is probably worth a lot more than you think. Call me, John Wake of HomeSmart, at 480-600-0947
Inflation Adjusted Case-Shiller Home Price Index for Phoenix, Arizona
Be aware that there are some problems in applying an index (Consumer Price Index) to an index (Case-Shiller Home Price Index) but, nevertheless, the results are revealing.
Overall Prices = 103% of January 2000 index
• Low Price Tier = 95% of January 2000 index
• Middle Price Tier = 100% of January 2000 index
• High Price Tier = 107% of January 2000 index